Karène Sanchez took part in the panel discussion ‘The Making of (Trans)National Jewish and Christian Identities: Language, Religion, and Community in and out of the Middle East (1850-1950)’, that was part of the NWO project Arabic and its alternatives: Religious minorities and their languages in the emerging Nation States of the Middle East (1920-1950) and took place at Leiden University, 17-18 June 2018.
- CrossRoads short documentary on Frank Scholten released!
- Digital Humanities grant for ‘Archives of French as a Foreign Language’
- Sary Zananiri lecture at EYE
- Conference: People, Cultures, Ideas and Religion within and across Empires
- Missions and Preaching: Comparing and de-compartmentalizing the study of the missionary phenomenon