The third workshop of the Research Network The Modern Mediterranean: Dynamics of a World Region 1800 | 2000, funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), the École Française de Rome (EFR), and the Deutsches Historisches Institut in Rom (DHI Rome), focused on the dynamics initiated by the Fascist challenge and on the competing, yet related European visions of the Mediterranean that it brought forth. During the workshop, entitled ‘Mediterranean Empires of the Interwar Period: Geopolitics, Biopolitics, Chronopolitics’, Karène Sanchez presented the paper ‘French and British missionaries in interwar Palestine’. The event took place at the German Historical Institute Rome from 18-21 March 2019.
- Sary Zananiri guest on podcast Jerusalem Unplugged
- Webinar / Book Launch at Bethlehem University
- CrossRoads publishes: European Cultural Diplomacy and Arab Christians in Palestine, 1918–1948
- Webinar December 15 – Reframing Jerusalem’s History Through New Archives
- Essay by Sary Zananiri published with Insaniyyat