The third workshop of the Research Network The Modern Mediterranean: Dynamics of a World Region 1800 | 2000, funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), the École Française de Rome (EFR), and the Deutsches Historisches Institut in Rom (DHI Rome), focused on the dynamics initiated by the Fascist challenge and on the competing, yet related European visions of the Mediterranean that it brought forth. During the workshop, entitled ‘Mediterranean Empires of the Interwar Period: Geopolitics, Biopolitics, Chronopolitics’, Karène Sanchez presented the paper ‘French and British missionaries in interwar Palestine’. The event took place at the German Historical Institute Rome from 18-21 March 2019.
- CrossRoads short documentary on Frank Scholten released!
- Digital Humanities grant for ‘Archives of French as a Foreign Language’
- Sary Zananiri lecture at EYE
- Conference: People, Cultures, Ideas and Religion within and across Empires
- Missions and Preaching: Comparing and de-compartmentalizing the study of the missionary phenomenon