Series of 3 lectures that took place in Rijksmuseum van Oudheden – RMO – Leiden. Dr. Karène Sanchez Summerer and Dr. Sary Zananiri, discussed the Dutch photographer Frank Scholten, who made thousands of photographs during his trip to Palestine in 1921-1923. In addition, they talked about the École Biblique and how this institution has collected pictures of ‘Biblical Palestine’. They were followed by Mathilde Sigalas. She discussed the role that Western institutions have played in realising Western archaeological interests in Palestine. The lectures were concluded by Dr. Sarah Irving, who talked about the role that Palestinian Christians have played in forming archaeological institutions in Palestine during the Mandate years.
- CrossRoads short documentary on Frank Scholten released!
- Digital Humanities grant for ‘Archives of French as a Foreign Language’
- Sary Zananiri lecture at EYE
- Conference: People, Cultures, Ideas and Religion within and across Empires
- Missions and Preaching: Comparing and de-compartmentalizing the study of the missionary phenomenon